APPLES

Yes, we are moving onto applesauce. Mind you, I don't believe I'll be canning them soon...no, I've got a dress to make for Kaylee's baptism (which is on Nov. 3rd) but I was hoping to get it done before her birthday (14th)...hmmm....we'll see...plus a costume for her as well. Plus get a "project" together for a RS activity. As well as everything else that goes on in my life. So...hopefully I'll get to it before the apples go bad...which I've heard isn't too quickly.

The girls, Uncle, Mike's grandparents & I had a fun afternoon picking apples. Golden Delicious. It took about an hour for us to pick about 250 lbs. of apples. I'm not sure how many grandma wanted, but I was only needing about 80 lbs...came home with 150 lbs....hmmm....at least this time they all won't need to be canned, they can still be eaten or frozen for pies.

My older 3 loved climbing the ladders...poor Kassi, each apple she picked on the ladder fell to the ground. Her little hand just couldn't keep ahold of the apple as she pulled on it. She was quite daring, climbing to the very top! Several times I'd shout, "GET DOWN NOW!!" Kaylee loved trying to get the pink freckled ones. Mikenna tried to follow her sisters up the ladders, but eventually became content with being held up to pick "whoa!! BIG one mommy!!" or "eewy!! Yucky one!" (of which she would promptly throw to the ground.) They would hound grandma to cut up apples for them to eat, finally grandma just cleaned them on her shirt and handed a whole one for them to chomp away on.

A lovely way to spend a fall afternoon!!

Comments

Taunya said…
I think it is so great to include your girls with the picking of the apples. I wish I would can some applesauce. Hehe! Mmmmm sounds so yummy!