All because of missionary work...

After the Asian pears and peaches were canned, I was happy to be done with canning for the year...and began contemplating the task of organizing how to acquire our year's food supply. (Or more like 3m, which after looking at my menu for 3m could actually stretch to 6m.) Then Allison called with an offer of grapes Sunday night, to which I said, "No thanks." (She and her family have become canning bees!!)

Tuesday I was chatting with a friend (who isn't a member), who was canning applesauce (80+ quarts and is 5 1/2 weeks from delivery!) metioned to her that Allison had scored on some yummy concord grapes the night before, blah blah blah, she mentioned how she'd like some...I said I could look into it for her...told her I was working on my "year's food supply"...how both my sis-in-laws had theirs in...blah blah blah..."What's a year's food supply? Why would you do that?" "Well then you should can grape juice for your year's supply"

So, Wednesday we all headed out to the Thronton's grape vineyard (which they sell to Welch's) and began picking...(Michael's grandparents also came with us, I didn't have any more jars...they've offered theirs in the past...so when Micheal called for some jars the Tues. evening ...they asked to come along!)...

Well...after a LONG evening of canning...(HUGE thanks to Michael for staying up and helping!!) Here are our efforts, all because of missionary work! (61 jars of juice)

If you click on the pic with the microwave, you might be able to see the time...we went to bed about 1 1/2 hours after that...

Comments

janellelee said…
oh my gosh, you guys are party animals...it looks like you stayed up past 2? is that right. i dont think i can function that late or that early. you probably dont have any more:)?
Taunya said…
I love that pic of Mikenna holding the grapes! So incredibly precious! You should blow that up and frame it. Anyway... Im glad you got your grape juice done. Ready to tackle calendars now?! :)