Smokey House!!

So, many of you know that we have been using the fireplace as the main source of heating for our home...of which we love, but not on windy days...anyhow...we had our first "burn" incident on the carpet...I'll have to post a pic later...and here it is

Windy days: I believe we are missing a (hopefully essential) part on the chimney, because when it blows (as it often does here in the windy Tri-Cities) smoke sometimes gets blown in. Michael will be working on investigating this.

Yesterday: As I was headed out yesterday, to run errands and etc., I decided to ask if Uncle wanted to come along. He agreed and out the door we went. An hour later, he looks at me and says (in chinese of course, but I translated for this post), "Oh no, I think I left something boiling on the stove." Grrr...Luckily, I got a hold of Ted, who was having a slow moment at work, so he ran to my home, and yes indeed...something was left boiling on the stove. Boy, was it STINKY!! We'd just gotten rid of the last fire/smoke/windy thing on Sunday (it usually takes about an hour or so to get rid of that) and now!!!

Today: Our home smells much better, we have two air purifiers going and fans blowing all through the kitchen. The rest of the home got aired out well enough yesterday, but the kitchen, pantry and laundry room have issues. Those of you who can, come over and let me know what your nose thinks.

Comments