ARGH!!!

Well, I suppose on the brighter side, we know the fire/smoke alarms work in our home.

At 5:55 AM the house alarm went off...I guess the smoke detectors are connected to the alarm, because the WHOLE house was beeping!! Uncle was lighting a fire, left it unattended with the fireplace door still open-which maybe he does each morning when he lights the fireplace-but for whatever reasons...this morning...instead of fire there was smoke BILLOWING in!!!

We wake up, Mike asks, "What's that?" Me, "I think it's a smoke detector." Mike jumps out of bed, as we realize it's not just a smoke detector, but the house alarm getting louder and louder. He's punching in numbers, I go into the entryway, where Uncle is punching in numbers (doesn't work if 2 people are trying to disarm at the same time)...I point out the other room is filling with smoke as the alarm goes off again, I turn it off, it goes off again, I turn it off, it goes off again, ETC. ETC.!! Meanwhile, I'm shouting-get rid of the smoke! and Uncle is asking, "where is all of the smoke coming from?"

Anyhow...once again we have a smokey home...and I can't sleep...

Comments