Thanksgiving 2008

We had my brothers' families over to celebrate Thanksgiving this year...so we had a housefull of cousins running all over! They watched movies-Hairspray, HighSchool Musical (still need to watch HSM3)...played on the Wii fit...some driving games on the XBOX...while we adults cooked...played Acquire...cooked some more...looked at Black Friday ads...(I know...Mikenna has some crazy hair!!)

Dallin wanted to make butter...so Allison bought buttermilk (this is what Dallins said we needed)...the cousins gathered around and shook the jar...shook it and shook it...nothing...then we adults joined in to help...shaking and shaking...after an hour...we searched the internet...cream...we needed cream...after shaking cream you get butter and buttermilk...oops...
the girls and I made the place cards the day before...it was fun...and mostly "relaxing"...I tried not to be so controlling and let them be creative...I'll have to post better pics of them...
Here is our spread...or most of it...and really...when we were all stuffed turkeys ourselves...it didn't even look like we'd eaten yet! and we still had all of our yummy desserts to devour!!

Adam chose to sit away from the noise and chaos...
We managed to squeeze everyone in our dining room...we even had grape juice...and despite some people's "are you sure we should have grape juice on the carpet"...we had an enjoyable meal!

I don't think mom heard our discovery about the butter situation...even so, I don't think her "gentle" shaking would have made cream into butter...
And lastly...here is Kyle...after his nap...chowing down on corn...

Maybe I'll have more pics in a few more days...but since Tim chastised me for not updating sooner...

Comments

Lisa said…
FUN! I miss that we are so far away and that Jessi and Tanner don't get to play with cousins all the time like your kids do on holidays. Maybe someday.
kathryn said…
it amazes me to think that it takes so long to create the food and minutes to devour it. It just goes to show that it is the company in which you feast that makes it the celebration. You're lucky to have so much family close.