eeeEEWWW!!

The verdict is in...the pinky nail is going to fall off... :(

Earlier tonight, I hear this blood-curling scream from Mikenna, "I DON'T WANT MY NAIL TO FALL OFF!!"

Apparently, she had made a fist with the owie finger and jammed the pinky nail...and "knocked" it off...it looked to be a bit "lifted" off course. She was screaming and crying...said it was owie. (Michael said it might be sensitive.) Wouldn't let me touch it...but it did look like it was coming off. I mentioned trimming it some, but she refused.

Later she explained that when she waved her hand up and down, very slowly, that it hurt...but if she held it out, and just "poked" with it, back and forth..or fwds/bckwds...that didn't hurt...(sometimes she's too silly...) Well, we got ready for bed...she went to sleep, I thought I'd try and trim it after she was out...decided to take a few pictures of it...and as I was snapping away, she would mover around some (maybe because of the flash going off ?!?)...and this is what happened...btw...I would move her hand back into position so I could get a picture, that's why she looks like she never moved, but she did...(Warning, may be a bit gross...)


She woke up more near the end of my picture taking, somehow knocked the nail back so it wasn't so skiwampus, but wanted me to put a bandaid on it...

Comments

AOlson said…
Wait till it falls off completely. It looks weird. Kelsie's grew back just fine and you would never even know that it fell off.
Lisa said…
Yuck! I'm sure I will have to deal with that type of injury someday. I'm glad that Tanner is still in the "kisses make everything better" stage and Jessi isn't too accident prone yet.
Amber said…
I thought it looked like it would fall off when I saw it in a previous post. Poor girl, but after the new nail grows in it won't look like she ever lost one.
Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. It's always so nice to get together with family.