Oatmeal....

You would think the world had ended with the way the girls reacted to my declaration that we were going to have oatmeal...the gagging and almost vomiting that ensued was RIDICULOUS!!

I threatened all sorts of stuff...like...after the allotted amount of time to eat the 1/2 c. of oatmeal (that had lots of cinnamon and brown sugar in it), each minute would mean 1 hour in their room...or that they would eat oatmeal for the rest of the day if they didn't finish quick...or that they couldn't play with their cousins in the snow....or....

Growiing up, cold cereal was a treat! A friend reminded me that a good breakfast does wonders for kids, especially at school...so, I thought, I would try to be more diligent in making a better breakfast for them...so, I chose oatmeal...

They're going to have oatmeal at least twice a week from now on...whether they like it or not. I'm ready for this battle!! They may hate oatmeal as an adult later, but they will eat it as kids!

....I know...my girls are spoiled...

Comments

niknfil said…
That's pretty funny! I grew up eating homemade oatmeal. I have always given my kids the instant which I thought was a treat, and they have eaten it since they were tiny so they like it but it is old news to them. When we go to my mom's she'll make it homemade with raisins and they think it is a gourmet meal.
Terilyn said…
My kids are as spoiled as yours then. I haven't been able to get 3/4 of them to eat oatmeal. Cold cereal was a treat for our family as well. Now I've spoiled them and oatmeal (cream of wheat, etc.) is torture!