Canning again!!

Yes, it's that time of year again (and actually about a year that I've been doing this blogging thing--in fact I have a post from a year ago about the same thing!!) my parents asian pear tree and peach tree decided to ripen simultaneously and we are effeciently canning away!! Actually we're done now...just two evenings...one for peaches and one for asian pears...42 quarts each night...(well 2 peach jars broke tho). With my parents helping plus two canners, it went rather quickly...just 3-4 hours each evening!! So, here are some pics!!

Mikenna hanging onto my leg, bedtime for her!!











Mike and Kassi cutting the pears with an apple cutter...










The crew hard at work...Uncle and Mom had already peeled the pears that Michael is cutting up...and here they are stuffing the jars...Mom actually was counting how many slices went into each jar and figured out approximately how many pears...which I think the count was 4-5 pears...






Then you have dad...he was a great crew "master"...he was in charge of the loading/unloading of canners, processing times and eating the uncannable portions!!







Finished product!!

Until Next Year!!

Comments

Juli Chan said…
I'd give anything for a few jars of canned peaches and pears! Maybe we'll start doing it too once we move...
Taunya said…
I can see how it would be much easier and faster with 4-5 people helping out. Not so much fun when you're the only one doing it. Well worth the yumminess, though!