Asian pears...

Once again, mom and dad's (chan) have had a plentiful harvest from their peach and asian pear trees. (Cherry's too, but we ate and shared most of those.) It was Michael's idea to begin canning asian pears tonight, after we'd noticed that uncle had picked one of the trees clean--two huge boxes in the garage. We only canned one box, anyone want some asian pears? They're yummy!! We still have one more tree FULL of them, as well as the other box. Not sure how they'll taste after canning, hopefully not so bad; I did look it up on the internet and someone mentioned that dried asian pears were de-lish. I don't think I'll go there...I'll keep you posted as to the canned version. (Especially since we now have 21 quarts!)We canned 14 quarts of peaches, froze 5-1 gallon size bags and 5-quart size bags...Allison and Stacy also took their share of peaches. Ate a bunch as well. Mmmmm....Kaylee was the only one who stayed awake to help us out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We're salivating as we see those cans of pears and peaches. I had no idea you guys had access to Asian pears!!! I even suggested to Rich that we move to Kennewick so we take part of the yearly fruit canning...

Juli
Winnie said…
If you guys have too many asian pears...we would love some if you want send them over here in Wisconsin. We love Asian pears.
Julia said…
Bring some down! Bring some down!
Heckachan said…
How much is shipping? :-)

I can't believe you still have your mom's ab twister thingy in the kitchen! I guess you can never have too many towel hangers.