The Fair!!

Grandma Chan & the girls & I got to hang out at the Benton Franklin County Fair for a few hours Wed. It wasn't as exciting as I'd remembered in years past, but the girls enjoyed looking at the animals, gathering free items and then eating elephant ears. I think they liked riding the city bus down to the fair most of all.

Grandma took a bunch of pics, I'll have to post later since they're on her camera.

Mikenna absolutely LOVED seeing the animals...but that was it...touching or standing near them for a picture was not acceptable...maybe because...we were watching the pig judging~where kids herd their pigs of various sizes around a semi-large corral~Mikenna is in her stroller, about 3 feet away from the corral...I notice Kassi is becoming alarmed as a few of the pigs are squealing and charging towards us, I turn to her to calm her down but then I hear a frantic scream/cry from Mikenna who sees the same pigs, but by now they have reached the corral fence and are trying to get out! From then on I had to hold her as we looked the other animals...

Comments

janellelee said…
how funny! i am bummed we didnt get to it this year:(
Taunya said…
When you said you needed to update your blog, you werent kiddin! You've been busy! :)