Chan Family Reunion

FUN FUN FUN!!!

We had gobs of FUN this past Memorial Day Weekend for our David Chan Family Reunion at the Ensign Ranch in Cle Elum, WA.

I didn't take any pics, but my sister--Julia posted a lot of what she took, plus she included the link where she uploaded all of the photos she had taken. And, because of her great sense of humor, I'll let you read what she posted about the weekend here, and here and here...in case you get lost in the links...it's basically what she posted for May 30, 2007.

I guess if you don't want to jump over to her blog, which you should because that's where the pics are...here are some "highlights" of her highlights...

6. Hmmm... I really can't remember what specific things we did each day. Tim had a blast paintballing with all the other guys. Together, we played lots of family relays, had many Sudoku races, fed horses, played volleyball (or at least TRIED), launched and chased bottle rockets, went fishing, bike riding, playing two-square, chasing kids around, playing Mafia (or Murder, or whatever you'd like to call it), and farting. A lot. I'm glad Tim feels comfortable enough to actually chase down my brothers and crop-dust them.

3. Playing Mafia with the adults at night.
4. Sudoku races. (I need to start practicing again! Dorothy beat me!!)
5. A fireside with my parents, in which they told us about their missions. (In the middle, Kassidy yells out, "Show everyone your Owie, grandma!")
6. A family council meeting (I guess I could call it that). Main point: "Money is important, but not THAT important. FAMILY is important." Basically, don't let money, work, or outside factors ruin relations that you have with family members.
7. After flying back to Texas and getting an email from Dorothy saying, "BTW...Kassi cried this morning when she woke up and couldn't find Timmy. Then she cried even more when I said he was gone." Poor kassidy!
8. Tim would want me to add this... In the elevator of the Seattle parking garage, Tim let out a thick and nasty toot. Well, as we exited the elevator, another family got in. As we walked away, we heard a little kid scream in disgust from the smell. :O

If you ask the girls what they liked about the entire weekend, this is what they would say:

*Family Relays (Aaron "sat out" and took pics of the event, so hopefully he'll post pics)
*Family Talent Show (Again, Aaron got some good pics & videos of that)
*Feeding the horses
*Riding the canoes
*Seeing everyone, namely Uncle Tim

I definitely enjoyed--
**the Mafia/Murder games...especially when Andy gave his suggestion with his eyes closed...you'd have to be there I think...
**and then when mom was a murderer, but no one, even the narrator knew it because she was trying to "trick" us...
**Allison made her YUMMY molten chocolate cakes...
**it was great how everyone helped out in the kitchen with every meal & not just your "assigned" meal
**spending time with everyone
**THE ENTIRE WEEKEND

Comments

Taunya said…
Ok... so what is Sudoku races? Sounds like you guys had a fantabulous time together. Cant wait to plan our camping trip with you guys!